By focusing on your organization’s people, planning, and process, HR Era can help you achieve better performance and stay with your mission and vision.
HR Era eases the load off your shoulders by helping you draft company policy manuals, code of conduct, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and other related memorandums.
What are Human Resource Policies and Procedures?
HR Policies and procedures define what your organization does and set the parameters for the employees. HR policies and procedures support effective decision making and delegation.
HR policies and procedures are basically guidelines about what people can and cannot do, what decisions they can make and what activities are appropriate.
Who needs HR policies and procedures?
Companies hire professionals to develop HR policies and procedures to maximize the efficiency of their HR department. HR Era Consulting has a team of specialists, drawing up HR policies and procedures for companies based in Pakistan as well as abroad. Our team equips you with the right set of HR policies and procedures that meet the specific needs of your organization. This can be a challenging task if done in-house and time consuming too.
Who is Our Primary Customer?
Our services are for companies and professionals involved in Human Resources planning or Human Resources Administration, responsible for developing sound HR policies and procedures. Policies and procedures are the keystone in planning human resources management.
What we do?
We highlight all the necessary HR functions and responsibilities. Explain the difference between policies, processes and procedures. It is important to us that our clients understand the purpose of HR policies and procedures and highlight their contribution to the overall organizational success.
Benefits of Outsourcing HR Policies and Procedures in Pakistan.
Access to HR Expertise.
Access to HR professionals who have more experience and specialized knowledge of Market and Market trends, then company HR staff. Professional particularly from HR consultancy have more professional edge on local as well as global trends and norms essentially required for Policy making, which may be cost effective as well as sustainable for a comprehensive time period.
Our team of experts has developed HR policies and procedures for number companies in Pakistan. Therefore, they understand different aspects of creating HR policies and procedures for companies especially based in Pakistan. They can guide you through every step of the way while adopting the best practice in your niche and giving you the right set of policies and procedures that meet your business goals.
Employees don’t waste time going here and there. They know where to look for, if they find themselves in a new situation. Our HR policies and procedures serve as a complete guide for the employees. If they have any questions regarding how to apply for holidays to fire safety procedures. By having the policies well communicated to your employees, any ambiguity is eliminated and the employees know exactly what is expected of them.
Higher Employee satisfaction.
The HR Policies and procedures implemented by outsourced human resources consultant’s gains a more positive feedback from the employees. Having an HR expert propose appropriate HR policies and procedures faces less resentment among the employees, as our policies and procedures are seen to be fair that benefits everyone not just the organization. Consequently, Polices and Procedures drawn up by outsourced HR consultant leads to greater employee satisfaction, enhanced productivity and reduced turnover.
All our HR Policies and procedures are in accordance with Pakistan Law. Labor law in Pakistan is updated regularly and it can become difficult for businesses to keep their HR policies and procedures in line with the regulations that affect the workplace in Pakistan. You may run into violations and get a fine from the government or in the worst case scenario you may also end up losing your license. Our proven, up to date HR policies and procedures will keep you safe from any legal action against your company. Hence, minimizing the risk.
It is our job to stay on top of these laws so you don’t have to lose your sleep. We will make sure your HR policies and procedures comply with the Pakistani law. We ensure your company and the employees stay safe.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT ROLE IN CONSULTING SERVICES.
Organizational Development refers to strategies and initiatives that align, promote and encourage the improvement of a department so it can meet its mission, fully realize its potential and maximize its ability to make positive and lasting contributions to its constituencies and MSU. The consulting process places equal focus on the development of the individual employee.
HR Era provides comprehensive organizational development consulting services to our valuable clients.
- What are the consulting services?
- Why should I use the consulting services?
- What should I expect?
- Who can I contact?
Serving as consultants, the HR Era team has extensive experience working within Pakistan. This expertise and insight leads to customized solutions that support HR Era business objectives in achieving a high performance culture.
Services provided cover a wide range of issues including the following challenges typically faced by managers:
What is Organization Development?
- Organization Development (OD) utilizes what we know about systems, and what we know about human behavior, to plan and manage the development of organizations into thriving, growing, healthy, organic human systems that meet the needs of all their stakeholders.
- OD practitioners improve the effectiveness of an organization by applying knowledge from the behavior sciences – psychology, sociology, cultural anthropology, and other related disciplines. Since its beginnings in the 1920s, the art and science of OD has accumulated a significant body of knowledge through actual OD work in organizations.
- Define, plan and execute strategic organizational change, from both people and systems perspectives.
- Manage organizational transformations including restructuring, hiring, layoffs, consolidations and acquisitions.
- Teach performance management strategies and processes, focusing on ways to handle performance challenges, setting clear expectations, and creating development plans.
- Provide performance-based training and/or coaching to maximize contributions to the department.
- Perform “gap analyses” by identifying current skills/abilities and future needs.
- Develop strategies to close performance gaps.
- Coach individuals to improve their abilities to lead and manage.
- Instill the value of innovative leadership within the department.
- Teach conflict resolution skills to help leaders resolve and mediate conflict, as well as help leaders recognize the potential for conflict before it arises.
- Improve communication channels within the department for productive cooperation/teamwork and to build trust and respect.
- Identify core values and establish interaction ground rules.
- Counsel individuals regarding work place behaviors.
- Lend a “third party perspective” to difficult problems.
- Assess personal work styles and provide coaching on how to integrate all styles for a positive and productive work environment.
- Develop methods for employee recognition to enhance feelings of self-worth and importance.
Organizational Structure/Work Processes/Job Design.
- Assess and refine the processes and methods of critical operations.
- Analyze staffing needs and restructure positions, focusing on effective job matches and utilizing positions consistent with their classification and grade level, thereby leveraging human resources in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Examine, target, and redesign organizational processes to become more responsive and efficient.
- Facilitate the creation of a vision for the department’s future mission.
- Analyze the department’s current state and help establish direction for the future.
- OD assessments provide departments with a clear and objective view of the current state of leadership, structure, processes, people and climate issues, often uncovering situations that inhibit complete success.
- OD assessments reveal the perceptions of “what is” This understanding, along with partnered discussion about future needs and opportunities, creates a sound base for meaningful strategic planning, visioning and/or mission definition.
- OD activities reaffirm that our most important resource is people. A talented and dedicated workforce is essential to reaching full potential. By developing employees’ skills and knowledge, departments realize gains in productivity and efficiency. Improved employee competencies, coupled with a collaborative environment and strong leadership, produce desired goals.
- Complementing the importance of people is a necessity for efficient organizational structures and processes and well-designed jobs. OD assessments identify areas for improvement, while insuring connectivity to customer needs, department objectives.
OD is a Step-by-step Process.
Implementing OD processes is a lot like going to a physician.
An OD practitioner first helps the organizational members to gather accurate data about the current state of their system.
- What is the current reality of the system?
- What are the system’s strengths and weaknesses ?
- The presenting symptoms?
- The problems?
- The issues?
Then the OD practitioner helps the organization to devise ways to intervene into the system to facilitate its growth or stop its decline.
After you make the intervention, we wait to see what happens before deciding the subsequent steps.
What has the impact been?
What would be the appropriate next step to keep the energy going in the desired direction?
With today’s accelerated pace of constant change, this is the only way that works. In the past, organizations would assess, plan, and implement massive change projects, sometimes spanning years.
Today, the OD profession focuses on helping organizations to deal with constant change and on building its capacity to learn – at the individual, team, and organizational levels of their system.
When this becomes a way of life for the organization, the organization becomes flexible like the mast of a sailing ship that naturally adjusts to the changing winds.